Sunday 2 January 2011

This time it's for myself, you call it what you may...

If you're reading this, it means you've stumbled into my little abode on the far reaches of the Internet (well, considering this website is owned by Google, it's not that far). So, I'd like to start off by saying hello. My name's Auctioneer - at least, that's my name on here - and this is my blog dedicated to R.E.M. You name it, I'm intending to cover it - reviews, bootlegs and rarities, and comment on all the latest news from Murmurs, R.E.M. HQ and the like.

So why did I suddenly decide to start this blog? Well, after seeing some of the sterling work done by my fellow bootleggers and R.E.M. fans (see their links on the sidebar, they're well worth a visit!) I thought I could take a crack at it too. And what better place to start than a simple blog?

I've been a big fan of the band for about half a year now, although I had always liked them ever since I was a little nipper, listening to Imitation of Life in the car with my mum, thinking that it was Billy Joel who was singing. My mother had always been a fan of R.E.M. too, and she owned cassette copies of classic albums such as Out of Time and Automatic for the People. It's thanks to her that I started listening to R.E.M. in the first place.

But enough introduction! I assume that if you're still reading you'll want to read some more posts. This blog will be updated at least once a week, maybe more, maybe less depending on school and other commitments. In any case, I hope you enjoy what you read. Stay tuned for next time when I review R.E.M.'s first two released songs from their upcoming album Collapse Into Now. See you then!

Yours truly,
Auctioneer

No comments:

Post a Comment