Tuesday 29 March 2011

Big Stars playing Big Star

A great shot of the crowded stage.
It's been a long time since my last post, and I'd like to apologise for that. As always, the stresses and strains of everyday life keep me way too busy for my own good, and my blood pressure's probably extremely high right now. But it's a comfort to know that across the ocean, a whole lotta rockin' is going down.

We've all been aware for a while now of Mike's intended participation in the tribute to Third/Sister Lovers (an album by the short-lived group Big Star), and soon after Michael jumped on the musical bandwagon and announced that he too would sing in the concert. I am now happy to report that things went swimmingly, and you can view their contributions in the videos below! In addition, Mike was part of the house band, playing bass for what I believe to be the entire gig.



Reviews have been pouring in of the gig, and so far there has not been a single negative review between them. To quote a review published by The Examiner: "What a night!"

Meanwhile, the Baseball Project are still touring, with performances planned in Los Angeles (The Echo, 31st March) and San Francisco (Slims, 2nd April), to name but a few. Before that, however, the group have been doing the rounds in Arizona, performing in places such as Scottsdale and Tucson. This was particularly exciting news for me, as I visited most of these places during my holiday to America last year, and can identify with some of the locations in these towns.

Alas, I speculate that Peter may be slightly disillusioned with the seemingly unending task of touring, as he has now taken on a 'biker' look, complete with a leather jacket and facial hair. Err... rock on?



I jest - he looks fine! Although after some of the slack Michael got recently, I'd consider losing the beard. ;)

Yours truly,
Auctioneer

No comments:

Post a Comment