Saturday 29 January 2011

"Oh My Heart" - Live!



Some great news for all of you who wanted to hear R.E.M. performing a live version of one of their songs from Collapse Into Now - Stereogum has finally posted a video of the band playing in Berlin, in the location featured in the trailer for the album.

Although we've yet to see the other songs they played, Oh My Heart is hopefully the first in a long line of them. As we can deduce from the trailer, the band played this song, Discoverer and Alligator Aviator Autopilot Anitmatter. We may not see these until March, but I am particularly excited about AAAA - it sounds like a rocker, even though the lyrical quality is questionable.

I also have some interesting news concerning the first single Mine Smell Like Honey. I was looking around for some bootlegs recently, and I stumbled on the soundchecks for the shows in Larcano and Prague. These soundchecks show that Mine Smell Like Honey had already been written - at least, in an instrumental sense - in 2008! There are no vocals in either recording, but the song is pretty much complete otherwise. I'll bundle it in with the next show I release on this blog, if you wish.

I guess there's nothing more for me to say here other than enjoy the video... so, enjoy the video! :)

Yours truly,
Auctioneer

No comments:

Post a Comment